In this episode, I am pleased to introduce the one person whose wit, wisdom, words, and resources have encouraged my family and me on our homeschool journey more than anyone else. He is the director of The Institute for Excellence in Writing, Andrew Pudewa!
Highlights from this episode:
- a brief history of IEW
- the impact of literature (good and bad)
- the importance of literature in passing on the essential elements of Christian culture
- how stories form moral imagination in children and adults
- the number one, MOST important thing parents can do educationally for their child
Note: some of the resources below may contain affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW)
- The Timeline of Classics Podcast
- IEW Magalog
- Teaching Writing: Structure and Style – Andrew Pudewa
- Timeline of Classics: Historical Context for the Good and Great Books – Gail Ledbetter
- Blended Structure and Style in Composition – James B. Webster, Ph.D.
- The Lord of the Rings – J. R. R. Tolkien
- The Chronicles of Narnia – C. S. Lewis
- The Restoration of Christian Culture – John Senior
- The Benefits of Reading Out Loud to Your Kids – Jeremy Anderberg
With Andrew Pudewa and Laura House
in Greenville, SC
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know what you think:
Support our new podcast by:
- Leaving an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really make a difference!
- Subscribing to the podcast in iTunes
Special thanks to Andrew Pudewa for joining me!
Check out episode 007 to hear the rest of our conversation…
Preview Timeline of Classics