Why is it that getting kids to read can be a little bit like pulling teeth?
That was certainly the case for me when I was young. As I think back, this could have been so easily avoided!
Here’s a whole episode dedicated to helping you take away the struggle.
In Episode 005, you’ll learn…
- how to give kids a love for great books
- how to form the habit of reading aloud (kids and adults)
- why you should be a model reader
- how to strengthen comprehension
- how audio books can help
- why “insomniac reading disorder” isn’t such a bad thing
Helpful resources for getting kids to read:
- Institute for Excellence in Writing
- Teaching Writing: Structure and Style – Andrew Pudewa
- The Timeline of Classics Podcast
- library app (check with your local library)
- The Benefits of Reading Out Loud to Kids
- The Read Aloud Handbook – Jim Trelease
Thanks for listening!
Please share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below
- Ask a question here
- Share this show with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest
To help out our new podcast:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews make a HUGE difference!
- Subscribe to The Timeline of Classics Podcast on iTunes
Until next time…
Preview Timeline of Classics