In this episode, I am pleased to introduce Adam and Missy Andrews, the authors of Teaching the Classics!
Highlights from this episode:
- how to confidently begin a literary education
- the definition of a classic
- why children’s picture books are the best place to start
- how anyone can teach literature
- a flexible method for reading and understanding any work of literature
- how the Socratic method works
- why YOU are the most qualified for this job
Note: some of the resources below may contain affiliate links, meaning I get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Teaching the Classics
- Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW)
- Timeline of Classics: Historical Context for the Good and Great Books
FREE Page of Literary Devices
Definitions and Samples