The literature of the ages has been placed within historical context to reveal the panoramic view of world history. Compiled in a home with multiple children of differing ages and ability levels, Timeline of Classics was created to save planning time and research. Classically homeschooling families using a literature-based approach for learning history have proven the worth of this unique reference guide.
- Timeline of Classics is a chronological index of classic world literature spanning world history from the times of The Ancients through The Modern World.
- This “portable timeline” consists of carefully selected classic literature, biographies, plays and films providing a “mental framework” for students and teachers of history and literature.
- Divided into the four major segments of world history (Ancients, The Middle Ages, Renaissance and Reformation, and The Modern World), this guide supplements a wide variety of curricula and teaching styles.
- Arranged in a spreadsheet format, the columns detail: time period/setting, title, author, and approximate ability level for students using a given resource.
- Mature students are encouraged to mark their own copies for the purposes of selecting good and great books and for assembling a reading list for high school transcripts.
- Families may easily track their study of history and literature in one central location.
Click here for a preview: TLC sample pages
One mom summed it up perfectly: “You could actually organize all of your history and literature studies from elementary through high school using Timeline of Classics as your single guide.”
Welcome to the most-used resource in our schoolroom…our chronological book list!